Friday, January 25, 2008

Oscar Buzz & Diablo Cody

Every year when the Oscars get announced, I usually pride msyelf on having seen at least 2 of the nominees, yet, this year, my schedule has been so bogged down, I haven't seen ANY movie since the summer rush.

I honestly think HP5 (Order of the Phoenix) was my last flick I saw in the theatre (what a way to see a movie, though....first showing at midnight, squeeing and squealing with fellow authoress Natalie Damschroder!).

I'm dying to get out to see Juno, though, and not just because it's gotten Oscar buzz. Some of you may not know that the screenwriter is Diablo Cody, a funny gal who first broke into writing with her autobiographical tale of a year spent as a stripper: Candy Girl.

I did manage to read Candy Girl, and I love Cody's voice and sense of humor, but given how slammed my writing schedule is these days, tell me what movies make the cut. What have you seen that is not to be missed this year?


BTW, my numbers are way up:

Releases available for reading: 7 (all from Amber Quill)
Myspace Friends: 235 (195 last time)
Facebook Friends: 21 (12 last time)
Friendster: (I give up on this one...it's kinda clunky and sucky compared to the other two; although, the "fan" feature really is unique and helpful)

1 comment:

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Juno's the only one I've seen this year. It's definitely worth it. Sorry I can't comment on the rest, though!